Friday, January 13, 2012

Zippers, Beauty, and Kindness

There I was, quietly sitting at my desk, taking half of the zipper out of my yellow ball gown, when I realized something. And that thought made me want to write a blog post. However, since I didn't previously have a blog, I put down my sewing project, and created one(something that I had once said I'd NEVER do. Ha.).



1 Peter 3:3-4
"Do not let your adornment be merely outwardarranging the hair, wearing goldor putting on fine apparel— 4rather let it be the hidden person of the heartwith the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God."


This verse was what popped into my head as I worked on my dress. There I was, steadily working away at something to make me look pretty on the outside, but it wasn't exactly making me beautiful on the inside. I can recall a few times that I got upset with the kids, because one or more of them stepped on my dress, or touched it with dirty hands. Also since I have a deadline of when I need to get this done(so why am I sitting here, writing a BLOG post?!?), I haven't quite been the picture of helpfulness, or kindness lately.


Is it possible to dress beautifully, and yet still have a beautiful, loving, gentle heart? Yes, it is. However, it's not something that just happens. I need to work on it. Kindness, gentleness, and all that, don't always come naturally. Even to someone who adores children. So I will be thinking about how I can work on it in the future, as I put this zipper back in, and finish this gown. =)


Oh, I'm sure some of you(if anyone actually reads this!) are curious about this dress now. Well, that's a post for another day....



5 comments:

  1. You started a blog! Good for you! I may be inspired to actually launch mine…I started one a while back, but never published it. Maybe now I will. Maybe…haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rayah! Yes, you should. And be sure to include pictures in it. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey... You got a blog!!!!!! Nice!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emily! I'll have to start following yours. =)

      Delete